Dueling blog posts, that’s what I’m envisioning. My sister-in-law and I will be in France for two weeks, and I just know that all the amazing décor over there will inspire endless blog posts from her over at Now That You are Home. But someone has to chronicle the other side of the trip. For instance:
- Will we get to France on the Air France operated Delta flight or the Delta operated Delta flight? The next 24 hours will tell whether the Air France pilot strike is affecting our direct flight to Paris.
- Will the Seine recover from its 32 year high flood levels in time for us to take our deposit-paid dinner cruise?
- Will there be gas in gas stations to fuel the two count-em two rental cars we reserved to get us to and around Normandy?
- Will Paris clean up the strike-induced piles of uncollected garbage before we arrive?
- Will the Tour Eiffel be safer from terrorists with all the extra security for the Euro Cup or should be stay clear of the humongous fan zone set up on the Champs de Mars?
- Will it stop raining?
- And the big question: will the Wilson siblings be able to use normal people indoor voices for two whole weeks?
Inquiring minds want to know. My mom wants to know. I want to know. And I don’t want to constantly re-tell the stories when we get back home, because there is usually one version that is the best. The others are boring repetitions. I hope I can get the best one recorded here.
So, after a year of non-blogging, it is time to resurrect this thing with a fresh identity. My cousin suggested the new name. It was he who thought Maywood Living was a retirement home and said that I was neither a true pioneer nor all that reluctant, but I am slightly off the grid in many ways. Ok. I agree.
This not so reluctant non-pioneer is leaving the slightly off-MapQuest-grid house for adventures abroad with spouse and siblings.
Let the blog-fest begin.